Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh Yeah, and then some.

I spent a good portion of the weekend doing designs for our third Oh Yeah! pitch (I say "our", but the story was written my brother Eman and our buddy Greg; I did the character designs). A couple of months ago, I damaged the charging port on my Powerbook. It's been working fine, but Sunday night around midnight (hours before the pitch, of course), it decides to stop charging. So after all that work, I wasn't even able to get the final designs printed in time for the pitch. Luckily my girlfriend remembered that I had emailed my first color comp to her cell phone, so I was able to print that out and make it work. Anyway, the pitch went terrific (more on this later, hopefully)! Sadly, I still have a broken Powerbook that apparently will cost around a G to fix. But on a much happier note... The aforementioned woman that I just referred to as my "girlfriend" (I can picture her face as she read that) has actually now become my fiancee! We got engaged last week in New York (on her birthday, in beautiful Central Park), and I couldn't be happier. I've found one of the good ones, and I'm excited to start this next journey with her. And with that said, here's a couple of the designs I was able to retrieve, and a pic of the lucky finger that's gonna be taunting my Powerbook for a while ;) I had to crop it cuz her nails weren't done (I'm happy, but not stupid).