Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back From Hawai'i.

So according to the doc, my dad wasn’t going to be released from the hospital in time to attend my wedding. According to the weathermen, our record-setting lack of rain was going to be interrupted, just in time to threaten the wedding. And according to me, I was about to faint and fall flat on my face, in front of all those people, even as my bride walked down the aisle.

Well, my dad made it to the wedding. Not only that, he also gave the final benediction. The rain did come. It poured hard all day on Friday, and brought with it some big clouds that loomed all through Saturday. But as I stood there posing for photos on Saturday evening, I felt the unmistakable warmth of a sun ray on my shoulders. I turned to see that the clouds had opened up to reveal an ocean-blue sky, golden sunshine, and a gorgeous, clear day that was a direct result of the previous day’s rain. All of this, moments before the ceremony. And though I almost lost it, I didn’t faint. I wobbled, but I held my ground, and when I saw my wife-to-be, everything was perfect. I told Melissa that this was God’s wedding gift to us... A reminder of who's really in control of everything. If nothing else, He knows how to make a fashionably-late entrance, that much is for sure.


PS: We returned from an absolutely perfect honeymoon late last evening. After all the stress, a week in Maui was just what we both needed! Now back to work... Maybe I can still finish my Hard 8 story before the deadline... maybe.