Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Casey Jones Part 3 - A dream come true!

Everyone regain their composure after that little tremor we just had? A 5.4, I'm hearing...and centered in Chino Hills, where I reside. I bet my Justice League toys will be all over the place when I get home. Not cool.

Anyway, Comic-con was awesome, despite the fact that Hollywood has bastardized it beyond recognition (did we need a booth for The Office? Really?) and I couldn't find the comics I needed. I'll post some Hard 8 updates when I get my pics uploaded. In the meantime...

One of my childhood dreams has come true. The Casey Jones drawing that I posted down below is going to run as a pin-up in the August issue of Tales Of The TMNT, #49. Can you believe that shiznit? As a kid, all I ever wanted was to draw the Turtles. They're the reason I chose this career path, so I couldn't be more excited to have a piece of my art published in an actual TMNT comic!  That said, I'm going to hold off on posting the final colored version until the book comes out. A HUGE thank-you to the amazingly talented Eric Talbot, and to the entire Mirage crew for allowing this to happen.

I'm giddy.